Today, we can have plastic and plastic products all over us but here we will be talking about Jute Vs Plastic. Our pollution is growing as our dependence on plastics increases. Plastic poses the greatest environmental threat; it accounts for over 80 percent of the waste in the oceans and lakes. It poses a significant risk to humans as well as aquatic life. Polythene bottles, plastic bags, and other waste are located on beaches, lakes, and other bodies of water. It is eaten by marine creatures like turtles and fish, which can endanger their lives.
The use of plastic bags rises and the amount of plastic bags is increasing, so too do the heaps of garbage and trash plastic. In the end, waist belts are beginning to look like white mountainous piles of plastic that has been discarded in many nations. This is why several governments have taken important steps to decrease the usage of bags of plastic.
The world is finally waking up to the reality that plastic shouldn’t be used for anything. Numerous countries have banned plastics for the benefit of public environmental health as well as for their own since plastic bags continue to block landfills and cause pollution issues.
Due to their hazard Due to their toxicity, more and more cities and nations around the world are switching to environmentally friendly alternatives. Jute is one such alternative. Jute, in contrast to plastic, is compostable and biodegradable. Jute has become more popular in recent years because of its reusability, the use of space cheap cost, toughness, and porosity.
In comparison to plastic bags, Jute bags have proved to be a lifesaver. But plastic bags are extensively used and it’s difficult to remove them from our daily lives as plastic bags are everywhere, from food vendors to clothing stores. Let’s take a look at the top benefits to use jute bags instead of plastic bags.
Jute Vs Plastic Bags:
- Jute is a fiber that is not just affordable but is also readily available on the market. Jute is a biodegradable, extremely durable natural fiber. Plastics are not biodegradable and take up to 400 years to degrade.
- Plastic bags are extremely sought-after for both buyers and retailers due to the fact that they are lightweight, efficient cheap, and durable which makes them ideal to carry products. However plastic bags aren’t recyclable, and a huge quantity of garbage plastic is disposed of and recycled in landfills, causing a lot of pollution.
- Plastic bags are manufactured by consuming petroleum, which is a non-renewable natural resource that is depleting an essential natural resource. Jute bag production only requires natural jute. Therefore, jute bags are much more eco-green than plastic bags to help us conserve nature’s resources.
- Jute bags surpass plastic bags due to the fact that they are resilient, reusable, and stylish for a long time. Plastic bags and polybags however are less durable and lose their attractiveness earlier. Because of their shorter lifespan and a higher percentage of trash plastic end up in landfills, degrading the condition of the earth and the overall health and well-being of human creatures.
- Jute bags decompose in just a few weeks, while plastic bags are decomposed over a long period of time in the environment, causing pollution for a longer period. In the end, it is recommended that we use the jute bags.
Amazing facts about jute
- Can be reused.
- Gets decomposed in a couple of weeks.
- Exceptionally strong.
- Low CO2 footprint.
- Low water footprint.
- Low cost
These advantages make jute bags among the most valuable items made of jute. The bags made of jute can be utilized in many ways, including backpacks, bags for school carrying bags for shopping, and many more. They are lightweight they are available in different sizes, shapes, and colors. They are available from many manufacturers of jute bags.
We can all contribute to saving the environment by not the use of plastic bags by substituting bags made of jute. A small move in this direction could aid in preventing the world from the hazards of plastic.